Technical Sales Specialist
St. John's, NL, Canada .
full-time . October 21, 2022
full-time . October 21, 2022
We're looking for a passionate problem solver to join our growing sales team as a Technical Sales Specialist. As CoLab’s first ever Technical Sales Specialist, you’ll act as the technical backbone of the entire revenue organization. You’ll work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams to share industry knowledge, be responsible for hosting engaging and exciting product demos to prospective clients, and provide the Product and Customer Success teams with customer feedback. You’ll build strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle with engineering leaders across North America as you help them deliver better products to market, faster.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Account Executives to solve challenging customer problems
- Prepare and deliver engaging and specific demos of CoLab that work to address customer pain points and highlight our unique value proposition
- Define, implement, and champion Demo best practices at CoLab
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to share your knowledge and expertise to improve business success and client relationships
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure we’re always building the product our customers need
- Provide coaching and professional development opportunities to Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing teams
- Success in this role will be measured by delivering high quality demos to potential clients, providing valuable training sessions, and helping transition and successfully onboard new customers.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience in sales engineering or pre-sales within a fast growing software company
- Industry Domain expert - you have deep knowledge and experience with an understanding of CAD/PLM tools
- Ability to understand use cases and demonstrate industry domain expertise to establish credibility with customers.
- Demonstrated experience assisting sales and customer success teams throughout the sales and onboarding lifecycle
- Ability to navigate complex enterprise sales for a product that is new to market.
- Ability to break down complex topics into easy to understand information
Who you are:
- One team, one mission - you are a team player with an ownership mindset and no ego.
- Relationship builder - you are able to build trust and strong relationships with customers and internal CoLab stakeholders.
- Broadcaster - you have excellent communication and presentation skills, with a strong ability to convey your message.
- Achiever - you are able to make your own content, deliver demos, and autonomously strive to hit tough timelines
- Bonus points if you have a Bachelor of Engineering or Project Management experience
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes commission and stock options.
- This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP
- Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This position has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in North America.